Tuesday, August 15, 2017

So many memories, so little time...

I have not been on this blog since January of this year. The summer is drawing to and end, and the crisp fall air will be here soon. My paternal grandmother, Jeanette, has been dead since August 8th 2006, and this time of year I find myself missing her more and more. It's funny, I started this genealogy project - aside from the history assignment in school - because I found my paternal grandfather's information (Papa), and now I wish I could go back and see my grandma Jeanette again.


Top - Grandma & I, cir. 1995; Top right - Grandma, her mom Great Grandma MawMaw aka Jettie Bell, and then my Great Aunt Doris Brazell "MawMaw with her only daughters" (date unknown); Bottom left - Grandma & I - with part of my maternal Grandma'a face cut off Phyllis Branham. I was probably 4-5 in this photo; Bottom right - Grandma and my little brother Justin when he was a baby - probably around 1992.

It's funny, seeing the photo of Justin and Grandma reminds me how much she would have loved those babies.

I went searching for pics of the kids, as a comparison. Instead I found the "whole" (I use that word sparingly) photo of my Grandma Jeanette, me in the middle, and my maternal Grandma Phyllis on the right. As a kid, just getting into 'keepsaking' I can remember cutting this photo so it would fit in my scrapbook. Now I know not to do that! :)


I also found the 'whole' photo [below] of me, Grandma, my step-sister Ashley and my new-born baby half-sister Blair. This was taken January 1995. Hard to believe she is 22 now! Hard to believe wind-suits like the one my grandma is wearing were once the style...lol


Below is my nephew Nolan (Blair's baby), my dad Wayne (Jeanette's oldest son) and my niece Hailey (Justin's daughter). We often joke that Hailey is a look-alike of my grandma Jeanette! Photo cir 2016.


More recent of Hailey and my dad. She kind of looks like her mother here!


Another photo below - it's Hailey's brother, Hunter - he is my brother's oldest and has those Murphy genes too!
 

Hunter with his dad (my brother) Justin - these are a few years old now. 


My dad and step-mom with all the grandkids - Jeanette sure would have enjoyed them! From left to right is Hunter, my dad Wyane, Hailey on his lap (Justin's kids) then Kelley, my step-mom, Nolan (Blair's kid) on her lap, and then Trey and Kylie (Ashley's kids).


I am the only one left with no kids - although not by choice! Maybe I will throw in my cat Wendy for the next blog! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment